Wednesday, March 5, 2008

about wikinomics

The chapter we read from “Wikinomics” speaks directly to me because I worked at Best Buy and am familiar with their practices. I worked for Best Buy the past 2 summers in Kansas City, and can remember the use of blogs and Web 2.0 all the time. In fact, now that I think about it, I was relying on Web 2.0 everyday in the computer system we used to find the movies, music and games that people were wanting. The system had a bunch of different links to click on depending on what product you were looking for. Then once you typed it in it would bring up if we had it in stock and where it should be. Best Buy also used a blog to talk about the traditional company newsletter type of stuff, such as new products coming in, new policies, and even had a place for employee feedback or suggestions. I never really looked at the blog because I never really cared much about what they had to say, but some people did and I think they found it useful. I definitely agree that wiki is useful for companies and employees and will go along way in successful business practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read the article I kept thinking of friends back home I knew had worked at Best Buy. The article made me really interested in asking them about their experience. I'm glad you shared! Thanks!

Courtney said...

There are a lot more uses for wikis than I ever really thought about- you're right, they can be great for businesses.