Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/22

I dont know that it matters neccessarily if you write when you're happy compared to being sad. I think both bring out qualites that make for good writing. It isn't always fun to read about happy stuff, and its not always fun to read sad. But if you think about it, alot of what people think is great writing whether it be poetry, music or art is based around sadness. So I think that writing during a specific feeling isn't better than the other.
I think that we should be graded on our projects over fluency, and by that I mean how well the stuff is connected. I think that this class might be somewhat worried about it because students always worry about final stuff, but I think once we are through people (myself included) will think that it was easier than we made it out to be. I think we are all still thinking of Web 2.0 as some incredible thing and forgetting that we already use Web 2.0 years before this class and it doesn't have to be fantastically complicated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think there are a lot of things that influence our writing, inc. our mood and music and where we are. Next week I'm sending my pre-service teachers on a two-hour writing marathon, with their small writing groups going somewhere on campus, writing, sharing, visiting, writing, sharing, visiting ... returning to describe how the places they were influenced what they wrote, and also how their writing was influenced by non-judgmental responses -- they're only allowed to respond "thank you for sharing" and if they need more than that, they write the response in the next round. I'm hoping the marathon will help calm the end of semester craziness we're suffering now.