Tuesday, April 1, 2008

browsing for a wiki site

Today during our class time I started looking around for a wiki site that I could use for hosting my project. The first site I came about is called wetpaint.com. It seems like it is convienent and easy to use. It claims to have over 800,000 wikis created on it, and the process to make one seems easy. Another site that came up was PBwiki.com. This one seems to also be easy to use, but it confuses me when it says wiki’s are free to set up but a premium plan costs $10 a month. I obviously am not going to pay for anything, so I don’t know about this site. Another good site was wikispaces.com, which is easy and convienient like the others. So I guess I will probably use one of these websites for my creation of a wiki. I guess I still have questions about it, like how much information does this project require? How much needs to be on these wikis? What are some good examples to look at?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a wiki with pbwiki.com for a class I'm teaching and am finding it a little difficult to use, but maybe that's b/c I want to invite 45 students to edit pages ... maybe it has some kind of setting that blocks people that I can change, thinking this b/c the average person isn't blocked when editing on wikipedia.