Thursday, April 3, 2008

april 3

Today during our class time I have continued to play around with Wikipedia, looking at different stuff on there and looking at how it all is connected. I looked at some of the wiki’s that our classmates posted of examples they like to get an idea of what mine should look like. I looked at the Seinfeld Wiki, and immediately felt a sense of discouragement because of the amount of info they have and the in depth knowledge of these Seinfeld fans. Then I realized that this is several thousand people working on this wiki and mine will only be me. I also looked at the textbook wiki site, the top ten site, and the music site. I was telling someone about this class today and everything its about and they said that they thought it sounded really useful. He said that his computer major does a lot of stuff with Web 2.0 and that he has thought it would be the next big thing for several years. He also went on to claim a bunch of stuff about how he knew everything about it and how he was an expert blah, blah , blah. I don’t know if I believe everything this guy says, so I will have to quiz him and see if he has ever made a wiki. I doubt it.

No comments: