Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saved by the blog

Yesterday I posted on here one of my assignments for my biology class. I was in one of the computer labs using a Mac, and the stupid thing wouldn’t save my work, so I couldn’t post the assignment on blackboard and couldn’t save it to email it to myself. I thought to myself “there is nothing I can do”. I was just going to have to delete this assignment I spent the last hour working on and go home to my own computer and do it all over again so I can save it and load it up. I was felt defeated and angry thinking everything had gone to waist. Then I started thinking and remembered my wonderful Web 2.0 blog, and thought “hey I can post it on there, and then copy and paste it when I get back so I don’t have to do it all over again!” I was saved by my blog. I couldn’t be happier with Web 2.0 right now and have figured out yet another great use for it. Web 2.0 truly is great and really makes working on a computer a lot easier, especially when you start thinking of unconventional ways to use it to your advantage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quick thinking! Good for you. So, is it possible that we could even get away from needing to carry our flash drives with us, that we could save everything to our blog, or our social bookmarker, or a wiki page? Hmm...

Unknown said...

That's a really good idea. I generally save everything to e-mail/google docs. But if those failed me, I'm not sure I would have been as smart as you!