Saturday, April 5, 2008

starting up

So I finally started up my wiki using Pbwiki.com. I chose to name my wiki “gettinginshape”. So I started playing around and looking at stuff on it and am a little overwhelmed at first. It is starting to hit me that this is all on me to create my very own page that has to be accurate, informative, and look professional. I want to see what other people in this class are going to be doing so I can compare my ideas with theirs. I am also thinking that this is going to be fun as well, since I do get to create this thing. Pbwiki wants people to pay for upgrades and stuff, but there is no way I’m paying for anything. I wonder what the biggest difference between there free version and all of there pay for versions is? After playing around with the pages I see that it is easy to edit and easy to make a new page. I think my challenges will be learning how to make links and stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray! You've made your wiki! Congrats.

What will you make links to -- articles from different fitness magazines, or medical-related sites, or newly-created exercise equipment, or surveys, or eating-right sites ... my sister just got what she calls a Pilates machine -- I'm curious about it, wanted to Google it, so that makes me think there's a place for a wiki like yours.

Courtney said...

Wow, that's awesome! I understand being overwhelmed. I'm in the same place right now. Hopefully it gets easier!